Here we see two photos taken 65 years apart from about the same spot in Wedderburn Road; half way down and looking east. The first photo was taken during the snowy winter of 1947 and the second in the summer of 2012.
The main house in the 1947 picture (Eastfield Villa) has since had an extra wing added and has been painted cream. The wooden fences have been replaced with walls and hedges. The two white houses (Summerlea and Monterey) in the background are just visible behind the bungalows and detached houses that have been built in between.
Sixty five years later the oak tree in the distance (on the left) still has the same outline. This is on the back boundary of one of the houses at the bottom of the road. It is probably old enough to be part of the original Barbers Meadow field boundary and pre-dates any of the development of Wedderburn Road. The electricity cable is now buried and has been replaced by a telegraph pole. Perhaps the most striking difference is the increase in cars parked in the road.